Sugar-free Choco Hazelnut Mint Cupcakes
Yield: 10-12 cupcakes
• 1/2 cup (64g) coconut flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 6 tablespoons (85g) butter
• 1/2 cup (43g) Dutch-process cocoa
• 3/4 cup (149g) sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 6 large eggs
• 1-2 tsps of peppermint extract (depends on the strength of the flavour)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare a cupcake / muffin pan. Grease and put muffin liners.
- Sift together the coconut flour and baking powder, mixing to combine; set aside.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter with the cocoa, stirring until well blended.
- Whisk the sugar, salt, vanilla, peppermint extract and eggs into the butter-cocoa mixture. Add the coconut flour and baking powder, whisking until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Bake the cupcakes for about 20-25 minutes or until the cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool the cupcakes in the pan for 30 minutes before turning it out onto a rack to cool completely.
Per cupcake (without frosting)
Net Carbs 1g / per cupcake
Total Carbohydrates 13g
Net Calories 184.16
Buttercream Frosting with Mint Flavour
1 cup softened butter
2 tbsps heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup powdered sugar substitute
½ tsp peppermint extract
½ tsp green food color *optional
Whisk them all together until soft peak.
Frost them into your cake as desired.
Demo video for buttercream frosting here: https://youtu.be/UkoOgLjbudg
*Note: just add the peppermint extract and green food color